The Fascinating World of Collective Nouns For Animal Groups: Exploring Group Names for Animals, People, Object and Concept.
Table of Contents
What is collective noun?
A collective noun is a type of noun which is refers to a group or collection of individuals or things as a single unit.
➻ It is used to represent a group of people, animals, objects, or concepts as a singular entity.
➻ Collective nouns are often used when describing a group of entities performing a similar action or sharing a common characteristic.
➻ Collective nouns are usually singular in form, but they can take either a singular or plural verb depending on the context.
➻ When the emphasis is on the individual members of the group, a plural verb is used. However, when the focus is on the group as a single unit, a singular verb is used.
- The team is practicing for the match. (Singular verb)
- The team are arguing about their strategy. (Plural verb)
➥ Collective nouns can add variety and vividness to your writing or speech by offering a concise and efficient way to refer to groups of entities. They help convey a sense of unity, cohesion, and collective identity among the members of the group.
The term we used like, herd is used to refer to a group of cows. a swarm is refer to group of bees etc.
Examples of Collective nouns :
Collective nouns can be categorized into different types based on the nature of the group they represent. Here are some examples:
Examples include a herd of elephants, a flock of birds, a school of fish, a pride of lions, a pack of wolves, or a swarm of bees.
Examples include a team of players, a group of friends, an audience of spectators, a crowd of people, a committee of members, or a staff of employees.
Examples include a set of tools, a bouquet of flowers, a fleet of ships, a pile of books, a cluster of stars, or a collection of stamps.
Examples include a series of events, a range of possibilities, a collection of ideas, a bundle of nerves, a wealth of knowledge, or a bouquet of emotions.
a team of players, a group of friends, an audience of spectators, a crowd of people, a committee of members, or a staff of employees.
Collective Nouns For Animal-1:
|A herd of elephants.||A swarm of bees.|
|A team of oxen.||A parliament of owls.|
|A litter of puppies.||A swarm of flies.|
|A pride of lions.||A hatch of flies.|
|A pack of wolves.||A business of flies.|
|A herd of antelope.||A flock of birds.|
|A yoke of oxen.||A colony of Ants.|
|A flamboyance of flamingos.||An army of Ants.|
|A troop of baboons.||A stand of flamingos.|
|A cete of badgers.||A skulk or leash of foxes.|
|A shoal of bass.||An army or colony of frogs.|
|A colony, cloud or cauldron of bats.||A gaggle or flock, a skein of geese.|
|A sloth or sleuth of bears.||A tower of giraffes.|
|A colony of beavers.||A cloud or horde of gnats.|
|A band of gorillas.||A herd, tribe or trip of goats.|
|A sounder of boars.||A charm of goldfinches.|
|A gang or obstinacy of buffaloes.||A troubling of goldfish.|
|A caravan of camels.||A school of fish.|
|An army of caterpillars.||A cloud of grasshoppers.|
|A clowder, glaring, pounce, nuisance or clutter of cats.||A pack, barren or span of mules.|
|A litter or kindle of Kittens.||A destruction of wild cats.|
|A herd or drove of cattle.||A watch of nightingales.|
|A coalition of cheetahs.||A family, romp or raft of otters.|
|A brood or peep of chickens.||A richness of martens.|
|A clutch or chattering of chicks||A flink of cows.|
Collective Nouns For Animal-2:
|A bed of clams.||A steam of minnows.|
|A quiver of cobras.||A labour of moles.|
|A rag of colts.||A barrel, cartload or troop of monkeys.|
|A kine, drove, herd or fold of cows.||A float or bask of crocodiles.|
|A band of coyotes.||A murder of crows.|
|A sedge of cranes.||A smack or brood of jellyfish.|
|A fever of stingrays.||A troop or mob of kangaroos.|
|A mustering of storks.||An ascension or exaltation of larks.|
|A herd of deer.||A conspiracy of lemurs.|
|A pack or cowardice of dogs.||A leap of leopards.|
|A pod of dolphins.||A flock of lice.|
|A drove of donkeys.||A pride of lions.|
|A dule of doves.||A plague or cloud of locusts.|
|A brace, paddling or team of ducks.||A tiding or tittering of magpies.|
|A convocation of eagles.||A sord of mallards.|
|A herd or parade of elephants.||A nest or knot of snakes.|
|A gang or herd of elk.||A host of sparrows.|
|A mob of emus.||A dray or scurry of squirrels.|
|A cast of falcons.||A murmuration of starlings.|
|A business or fesnyng of ferrets.||A descent of woodpeckers.|
|A charm of finches.||An aggregation of manatees.|
|A school, shoal, run, haul or catch of fish.||A stud of mares.|
|A zeal of zebras.||A drove or flock of sheep.|
|A bed of oysters.||A stench of skunks.|
|A leach of greyhounds.||A bevy or lamentation, a wedge or flight of swans.|
Collective Nouns for Animal-3 :
Collective Nouns For Animal Groups:
|A down or husk of hares.||An ambush or a streak of tigers.|
|A cast or kettle of hawks.||A knot or knab of toads.|
|A bloat or thunder of hippopotami.||A hover of trouts.|
|A drift or parcel of hogs.||A gang, posse or rafter of turkeys.|
|A team or harras of horses.||A bale or nest of turtles.|
|A pack, mute or cry of hounds.||A venue of vultures.|
|A cackle of hyenas.||A pledge of wasps.|
|A shadow of jaguars.||A colony, gang or pack of weasels.|
|A crash of rhinoceroses.||A pod, school or gam of whales.|
|A shiver of sharks.||A pack or route of wolves.|
|A string of ponies.||A wisdom of wombats.|
|A prickle of porcupines.||A pandemonium or company of parrots.|
|A colony or warren of rabbits.||A covey of partridges.|
|A gaze of raccoons.||A muster or ostentation of peacocks.|
|A colony, pack or swarm of rats.||A colony of penguins.|
|A rhumba of rattlesnakes.||A nest, nide or bouquet of pheasants.|
|An unkindness of ravens.||A flock or flights of pigeons.|
|A litter of cubs.||A drift or drove or a sounder, lit of pigs.|
Collective noun for People :
Here are some sentences using collective nouns for groups of people:
- A team of athletes trained hard for the competition.
- A group of friends laughed and chatted at the park.
- A crowd of spectators gathered to watch the concert.
- A committee of experts discussed important matters.
- A class of students listened attentively to the teacher.
- A band of musicians performed a lively tune on stage.
- A staff of employees worked diligently in the office.
- A crew of workers built the new bridge.
- A jury of citizens deliberated on the court case.
- A squad of soldiers marched in perfect formation.
- A choir of singers harmonized beautifully in the church.
- A gang of friends went on an exciting adventure.
- A congregation of worshippers gathered for the religious service.
- A party of guests mingled and enjoyed the celebration.
- A group of protesters marched peacefully for their cause.
- A cast of actors rehearsed their lines for the play.
- A band of volunteers helped in the community cleanup.
- A staff of nurses cared for patients in the hospital.
- A team of scientists conducted experiments in the lab.
- A gathering of relatives enjoyed a festive family dinner.
These sentences demonstrate the use of collective nouns for groups of people, showcasing different scenarios where individuals come together as a unified entity.
Collective noun for Things :
Here are some sentences using collective nouns for groups of things or object :
- A set of keys jingled in his pocket.
- A collection of stamps adorned the album’s pages.
- A stack of books sat on the shelf, waiting to be read.
- A box of chocolates tempted her sweet tooth.
- A bunch of flowers brightened up the room with their colors.
- A pair of shoes lay abandoned by the doorway.
- A fleet of ships sailed across the vast ocean.
- A bundle of letters tied with a ribbon held cherished memories.
- A deck of cards shuffled between the players’ hands.
- A cluster of stars twinkled in the night sky.
- A group of tools cluttered the workbench in the garage.
- A bundle of sticks was gathered for the campfire.
- A bouquet of balloons floated above the celebration.
- A pack of cards was spread out on the table for a game.
- A collection of seashells was displayed on the shelf as a souvenir.
- A stack of papers awaited his attention on the desk.
- A heap of clothes sat in the laundry basket, waiting to be washed.
- A jar of spices added flavor to the dish.
- A row of houses lined the street, each with its unique charm.
- A pile of dishes filled the sink, needing to be washed.
These sentences showcase the usage of collective nouns for groups of things, demonstrating how they can be used to describe various objects and their arrangements.
Collective noun for Concept :
Here are some sentences using collective nouns for concepts:
- A series of events led to the climactic finale.
- A range of possibilities opened up before her.
- A collection of ideas sparked creativity and innovation.
- A bundle of nerves caused her hands to tremble.
- A wealth of knowledge awaited exploration in the library.
- A bouquet of emotions overwhelmed him at the news.
- A cascade of thoughts flowed through her mind.
- A cluster of memories brought a smile to her face.
- A web of connections linked people from different backgrounds.
- A network of relationships formed the foundation of their community.
- A tapestry of experiences shaped her worldview.
- A spectrum of colors painted a vibrant picture.
- A sea of possibilities stretched out before them.
- A labyrinth of thoughts puzzled his mind.
- A cloud of uncertainty hung in the air.
- A mosaic of perspectives enriched the discussion.
- A string of coincidences brought them together.
- A collage of dreams filled the vision board.
- A quilt of traditions wove their cultural heritage.
- A chorus of voices expressed diverse opinions.
These sentences illustrate the usage of collective nouns for concepts, highlighting how they can capture the nature and essence of abstract ideas and experiences.
So here we have learn about, what is collective noun full examples?
Frequently Asked Questions on Collective Nouns for Animals
Q1 : What are the 100 examples of collective nouns?
Ans: More than 100 examples of collective nouns in sentences are given above.
Q2 : What are 50 collective nouns?
Ans: More than 200 examples of collective nouns in sentences are given above.
Q3 : What are 20 examples of collective nouns?
Ans: 20 examples of collective nouns in sentences are given above.
Q4: How do you refer to a group of hyenas?
Ans: The collective noun used to refer to a group of hyenas is cackle.
Q5 : What are the various collective nouns for animals?
Ans: The various collective nouns for animals are troop, cackle, pack, rhumba, stench, murmuration, etc.
Q6: What is a group of monkeys called?
Ans: A group of monkeys can be referred to as a barrel, cartload or troop.
Essay Topics List in Marathi, Hindi, and English
➥ Essay on My School in English
➦ मेरा विद्यालय पर निबंध
➥ Essay on my favorite festival in Marathi – Ganapati
➦ Essay on tree in Marathi
➥ माझी शाळा निबंध मराठी
➦ My Favourite Animal Essay In Marathi (Dog)
➥ जर मी ढग असतो तर :